Sunday, November 3, 2013

How I Experienced ASSURE Model...

    When I think my previous experiences by considering ASSURE model, I see more specificly how my former teachers used and how I benefited or affected negatively from that. To start with, my all previous teachers actually "A"nlyzed their learners, in the first lesson of the semester they wanted to know us, asked questions or let us write down about ourselves. I think this helped them to learn about us and they considered this when they do their lesson. They "S"tated their objectives and standarts at the very beginning of the course. That is why we never encountered any surprise during the semester which made us work in program. It is good for both students and teachers.. When it comes to "S"electing strategy, techology, media and materials it is actually related the 4 approaches that I reflected in my previous blog. Some of them behaviorist, typical Turkish teacher and some just a very few of them were doing different that still we remember. That teachers used technology and realia relevant to the lesson.. However, the typical Turkish ones just used type recordings. That old technology... So when I asked to write how they "U"tilized the technology and media; I unfortunately do not have the experience to let me write. Also there is a negative point here, when I first took Steve Hoca's lesson, it was hard to get used to it. Even, still there are problems I encounter when I use technology in class. Thanks to my former teachers, and education system in Turkey we grown up just like trees. "R"equiring learner participation is another problem in some teachers' classes. Students were afraid of participating in lesson! Teachers scared students by threating them with grades if they say something false. However, again, a few of them did this right, encouraged students to participate in.. That is how they made students remember the lesson.
   Here is important for me "E"valuating and revising, because my former teachers evaluated and measured us in a fair way. Also, they supported students who were studying hard but couldn't get good grades.
   What  I reccomend to my former teachers is, please do not use only behaviorist approach.. This make students get bored from the school! Help them improve their critical thinking..

No comments:

Post a Comment